Millennium is a series of crime novels, created by Stieg Larsson. Larsson planned the series as having ten installments, but due to his sudden death in 2004, only three were completed and published. All of them were published posthumously:
• Män som Hatar Kvinnor (English: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) (2005)
• Flickan Som Lekte med Elden (English: The Girl Who Played with Fire) (2006)
• Luftslottet som sprängdes (English: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest) (2007)
The two primary characters in the saga are Lisbeth Salander, a woman in her twenties with a photographic memory and poor social skills, and Mikael Blomkvist, an investigative journalist and publisher of a magazine called Millennium.
Publisher Norstedts förlag commissioned Swedish author and crime journalist David Lagercrantz to continue the Millennium series featuring Larsson's characters.
• Det som inte dödar oss (English: The Girl in the Spider's Web) (2015)
• Mannen som sökte sin skugga (English: The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye) (2017)
• Hon som måste dö (English: The Girl Who Lived Twice) (2019)