British publishing company with offices in London, Edinburgh and Glasgow. In 1890 it became Blackie & Son Limited.
The firm was founded as a bookseller in 1809 known as 'Blackie, Fullarton and Company'. Following the retirement of Fullarton the company was renamed 'Blackie and Son' in 1831, remaining in the Glasgow property, and becoming a public limited company, Blackie & Son Limited, in 1890. The company also opened offices in London, Edinburgh, Canada and India. It ceased publishing in 1991.