Hit a bit of a dead zone there, haven't seen activity from everyone in a few days so I thought I'd say "Hi"! I thought maybe I scared you all away by adding some children's books in. :-)

Anyways, it's been a blast working in this database so far and am looking forward to countless more hours doing so. I still have countless books in my reach to document so be expecting the same amount of activity from me.

Hope to see some others around when you get a chance!

im lurkin still.. life has been punching me in the face so free time for this has been minimal BUT!! i just got myself a new scanner yesterday so im lookin forward to firing it up when i get some alone time with my books :D

Nice! Can't wait to see what you've got to submit.

I'm a bit spread all over the place at the moment! You most probably feel like how I do over at filmogs, every-time I check its my submissions still on the front page!

Also been contributing to gearogs and another community driven site outside of the Discogs universe.

Fear not, got plenty of books and magazines to go.

I was extremely active at Filmogs in the beginning and have 240 submissions (films and releases combined) over there, and still have many DVDs and VHS here to catalog, but books is my true love outside of music. Films rank 3rd when it comes to cataloging stuff.

I'll still step into Filmogs.

I had Easter and Disneyland and tons of books and magazines scanned, plus about 300 scans to upload to Discogs. Feeling a bit overloaded, so I'm mostly taking scans of what I want to get rid of and waiting until later to continue submitting. I still have quite a few things to submit, it's just a matter of finding the time to...

Hey disney! So true, we all need to have balance. I'm looking at stacks of 45s on a nearby table that I really want to get to but was "overloaded" like yourself and so they will sit until I'm mentally ready to get back to music scanning.

life has been punching me in the face so free time for this has been minimal

Hah, same here. I've been sick + I'm currently dealing with some long-term health issues, battling with the awesome American healthcare system and trying to make a living, so my free time is currently... unexpected. If that makes sense.

I also have some stuff to submit to both here and Filmogs (books first though <3), and I hope to have some time this weekend. If not... then have fun for the next two weeks. :P

Hey oggers.
I've just discovered bibliogs.
Normally to catalogue my collection I was using librarything.com, also there are couple of features that can be copied here. Anyone of You were using librarything?

hi folks, had a go at a sub just for fun, maybe will add my small collection of books about music (jazz, free improv) just to keep the link with granddaddy discogs alive ;)

Anyone of You were using librarything?

Me. Still kinda am, but I guess I'm slowly moving here.

there are couple of features that can be copied here

Which features were you thinking of? They have a lot of nice features, but they also have a lot of unnecessary features (at least IMO), which just clutter the site. :D

but they also have a lot of unnecessary features (at least IMO), which just clutter the site. :D

Oh yes, thats true,
What features? Dunno, we should sit & think what is necessarry to create database for collecting books.
LT has for now almost 2 milion members & almost 100 milion of books.
There's mess with MR function there, people adding language versions of books & doesn't care to connect to orignal book. Of course there are lot of so called 'combiners' (I have gold badge) but still

BTW. What is the 'font' feature here for? is it necessary?

Dunno, we should sit & think what is necessarry to create database for collecting books.
Yeah, that's what we're here for I guess, this is not ready yet. :) If you can think of missing functions and stuff, I think it's better to open a separate thread so that they get the attention they deserve. The staff has been pretty good at responding to requests and problems.

BTW. What is the 'font' feature here for? is it necessary?
IIRC, it's for books that specify which font has been used, so I guess it's necessary. :)

ive actually been quite surprised how many of my books specify the font... hadnt paid much mind to that info before here... so i think that is cool...

i will you right off the bat why i didnt like library thing, they said somethin about paying money lol... i have never bothered to check into it and ive just barely used my free account, but im not putting effort into a site i gotta pay $ for eventually if i use it enough (btw btw we need a bibliogs social contract stat)

its also the purely handcrafted discogs way of doing things, i hate info imported from anywhere, library of congress amazon etc can keep their info lol..

Heh, here in PL I've never saw any book specifying fonts, thats why I was asking.
About LT, yea forgot about $. I opened an account there lot of years ago & there was kind of promo one guy did the translations for them & received about 50 free codes to full account & gave one to me. Also these days It was the one and only site for book cataloguing.

I actually paid for the lifetime account when I joined, just because of the collection size limit... IIRC it was around $20 back then, no idea what it is now. I understand that they have expenses, and I actually thought that was pretty cheap.

yeh, just looked into it and its only like 20$... but there is just still something offputting about a paywall..

its probably taboo to speak about lol, but we all know that eventually Bibliogs will have a marketplace... im actually a huge fan of the public utility / private marketplace money model of discogs.. tbh part of me is excited to help kill a chunk of amazons business by working here ;)

I use goodreads to keep track of my reading and write the occasional review, but I hope this is more of a data site like discogs with less emphasis on the social stuff at goodreads. I don't add books there unless there is not any version of a book I read on there at all.

I too look forward to when I can sell my comics and books on these sites, I have had excellent experience selling at discogs, just selling my personal collection to buy more.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.