I have always felt that adding Bookogs links to Discogs is a great way of promoting this site, so I have assiduously carried out that task.

In the past few days, I have received a number of EI votes in Discogs, not because of anything that I have done wrong but because someone has consequently made an edit that another user has decided warrants an EI vote.

I find it iniquitous that I am penalised for abiding by the Guidelines. Henceforth, I will never make another edit on Discogs. As far as I am concerned that site doesn't exist.

That's terrible and typical of the not fit for purpose voting system they have there. I gave up contributing to Discogs a while back now for the same reason. I gave up selling there as I just did not have the time to go through the ''a submission your are selling has changes'' notifications. I would take me hours a day to do that only to wake up next the morning and the same ones have been changed back again and even worse when you submitted the item yourself and all of a sudden it's not that version any more.

Thanks Supernaut1970. I have now calmed down a bit, but it really is a disgusting system when innocent users trying to enhance the database are penalised for the sins of others. No wonder some users write a 100 word directive in the submission notes rather than do a 10 second edit.

I have no intention of doing any further edits on Discogs, so if users want to add the Discogs links to Bookogs Credits and vice versa: feel free. It is not task that I will be doing.

I had a minor fit when a user gave me two El votes for edits that turned out to be correct the other day! A comment would have fine. No El votes for profiles though, if ever, never been caught up in crossfire that way AFAIK.

I don't know what's going on at the moment. It seems some users are angry and using EI votes to vent their frustration which could be a symptom of the COVID-19 situation. I have never experienced anything like it in my 7 years on Discogs.

It is rather ironic, because in another Bookogs Forum topic I was playing Devil's advocate and suggesting a form of the voting system to curb errant behaviour.

On second thoughts, I would rather see hell furnished with icicles than have that ghastly system on this site.

Is there a chance some users are trying to get through to the staff to finally review and make changes to the voting system, by abusing the negative votes to an absurd level?
Then maybe it's better to 'support the revolution' by pushing the support with complaints, rather then blame things on the totally unrelated virus.

The peasants might be revolting in more ways the one.

In a certain point I've stopped correcting or adding things on discogs, because I would get penalties for nothing doing wrong, because I was getting sick of adjusting wrong things without changing 100 others wrong things not caused by me, it's a fucked up system honestly. then I prefer to let it stay wrong instead of correcting things...

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.