Can somebody explain the difference?

Paperback is any book that is bound in paper wraps, while trade paperback usually refers to either a large, high quality paperback, or a medium-sized paperback.

Borrowing from another thread:

1) hardback
2) trade paperback
3) mass-market paperback

OK, thx we don't use these terms in Germany

Yeah, neither does Finland or Sweden. I think most of Europe doesn't use them.

In the thread I linked we did discuss about the usefulness of having so many different terms for paperbacks in the format field, but I don't see much happening at the moment...

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.