|Notes||The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding and a Selection of Entrées is a short story collection written by Agatha Christie and first published in the UK by the Collins Crime Club on 24 October 1960. It is the only Christie first edition published in the UK that contains stories with both Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, the writer's two most famous detectives. It was not published in the US although the stories it contains were published in other volumes there. |
• "The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding (alternatively title "The Theft of the Royal Ruby") - this is an expanded version of the story of the same name first published in The Sketch, 12 December 1923.
• "The Mystery of the Spanish Chest" - this is an expanded version of the short story "The Mystery of the Baghdad Chest" (1932). "The Mystery of the Spanish Chest" was first published in Women’s Illustrated, 1960
• "The Under Dog" - first published in Mystery Magazine, April 1, 1926
• "Four and Twenty Blackbirds" - first published in Collier's magazine, 9 November 1940
• "The Dream" - first published in Strand Magazine, February 1938
• "Greenshaw's Folly" - first published in the UK in Woman's Journal in August 1960